Sunday, August 29, 2010

Now on Smashwords!

LZR-1143: Infection is now on Smashwords! After two great months on Amazon.com, I decided to broaden distribution and availability. Partly because I wanted to see what the book looked like on the iPad, and partly because I wanted more people and devices access to it. I'm very excited! It will be available on the iPad, the Nook, and the Sony ereader as well as the Kindle.

Just a word on Smashwords: it's great! They give you a style guide, which immensely helps those of us thoroughly confused by formatting issues, and they walk you through the uploading process step-by-step (in fact, their style guide led to me uploading a Second Edition to Amazon, which is completely clean and perfectly formatted).

If you follow their guide, it's totally idiot-proof (as my successful upload and conversion can attest to). Best of all, they push into a variety of other publishing venues through their Premium Distribution service.

I highly recommend it to any other publishers out there.

Also, a big thanks to all my readers from August and July. Since publishing, I have gradually moved up the popularity rankings on Amazon, and consistently sit between #20 and #80 on the Science Fiction, Adventure and Humor Kindle rankings, and have maintained five stars through 3 reviews! I can't say how much I appreciate readers' trusting me to entertain them.

I know I've been remiss in posting the second half of my second story, and I will be posting it soon. Lots of personal "real life" stuff lately, but it's not forgotten.

The fry cook will have her story told!

No comments: